Getting code on the robot¶
Getting your code on to the robot is quite simple. You will need to put your code on a USB drive which will need to be formatted with either FAT32, exFAT or ext 2-4. Upon plugging in the drive or starting up, the robot will run the
robot.py file found in the root of the drive.
To re-run your program, simply remove the USB stick from the robot and plug it back in again and it will restart automatically.
- Open your code in File Explorer
- Select all of your code files (Ctrl+A to select all files)
- Right-click the files and click "Copy"
- Open your USB drive in File Explorer
- Right-click in the directory and click "Paste"
- Open your code in Finder
- Select all of your code files (Cmd+A to select all files)
- Right-click (or Control-click) the files and click "Copy"
- Open your USB drive in Finder
- Right-click in the directory and click "Paste N items"
When your program runs on the robot, the output of
print(...) statements and any errors which occur are written to a log file on the USB stick as